Monday, October 3, 2011

And then there was 3!


Our little Harley is getting so big! She is already 5 weeks old and growing so fast. Yesterday we weighed her in at 9.6 pounds. We've had a great first month with her. The first week it was nice to relax a little with just Harley. My parents took Rian and Gunnar to Vernal for the week (which they absolutely loved) so that I could just enjoy our new baby. Then, we traveled out to Vernal the next Friday to pick them up. It was a little bit crazy when we got there, as we have never left Gunnar overnight anywhere. He had a bit of abandonment issues...and the crying commenced! It was kind of funny, because he was fine the entire week until I got there. Its good to know that I am loved and was missed. Thanks Mom and Dad for playing with them all week!

This big brother sure loves his sister!

Sisters!

Once we were back at home it took a few days (or weeks) to get into a good routine that made everyone happy. Mostly just me. Luckily, Harley has been an alright sleeper-usually sleeping for 3 or 4 hours at a time. I have also learned to give Rian and Gunnar constructive activities during the day to keep them busy and lots of outside playtime. Even with the newly added chaos, I know that they both love their little sister so much. Harley is showered with kisses nonstop (Gunnar makes the cutest kissing sound now too) and both Rian and Gunnar want to hold her and give her loves (hugs) all day long. All in all, we are adjusting to our new addition quite well and loving every minute with Harley!

Our little princess Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment